In 1929, an organization formally known as The Centaur Club was founded and was the first Men’s social club on the campus whose members were all college students. Texas Tech previously did not allow greek- lettered organizations on campus until 1952 (7 years after WWII). In the spring of 1953, The Centaur Club became Phi Kappa Psi. The first meeting place was in the basement of a business on University St. currently called 'Paddle Tramps' until it was then moved to a house on Broadway. In 2011, the construction of the present lodge on Greek Circle was completed.
Special Recognition to Texas Beta alumnus now scattered across the nation that contributed over the last 65+ years to build Phi Psi up into a very active fraternity on campus with over 180 current members.